how to choose exterior paint colors for your house – What do you think about when you look at colours? Are you thinking of how bad the colour contrasts or how good it compliments a setting? If you think about colours and envision your own thoughts about them, then you are already in motion and know how to pick an exterior paint colour for your house. Carter Painting is here to assist you in making the correct decision, one you won’t regret, we’re also here to get the job done so you don’t have too. Read on to learn additional ways to pick an exterior paint colour!
1: Investigating Suitable Exterior Paint Colour Options For Your Home
- First off, look at your home from the outside. What does it look like? What style is it? Do you have a lot of really nice architectural features that you particular love about your home? Part of the process of picking an exterior paint colour or combination of colours is finding what features you really like about the style of your home’s exterior and you can emphasize them by selecting suitable colours and/or colour schemes.
- Think about all of the factors that may weigh in on your final decision. Things such as; neighbourhood, personality, the colour of your roof or porch can all implement decision markers to validate your choice and know that the colour(s) will blend in or stand out.
- Don’t be afraid to express your personality through colour. Don’t fear the thought of this drastic change, with the help of HPP we’ll guarantee you find a bold dramatic look without doing any visual damage. You’re not the only one who looks at your house so you still want to be conscientious when making these kind of dramatic changes. Tactful not tacky, it is our guarantee to help you get it right when you consult Handyman Painter’s Pro.
2: Pick the Best Exterior House Paint Colours
When you go into a paint store what do you see? A whole wall of shades all with various names to call different shades of paint colours. Walking into these stores can make you feel overwhelmed, and when you are in the process of picking an exterior paint colour you don’t want to feel this way because we know there are already so many choices!
You can leave it to Carter Painting to avoid this process, but should you choose to walk into a paint store and decide for yourself, you should know a few of the following things:
- Select the right type of paint for outside of your house (Latex, Oil, Stains, ETC). Pick the paint that will deliver longer lasting results and save you money long term.
- Remember that Latex exterior paints are better to work with because they apply easily and dry fast. BUT remember some Latex paints can also peel – so that’s why you need to know which type of paint is best for the exterior of your home.
3: Design and Decorate Your House Exterior!
- Whether your choose a bold colour or a subtle colour change for your home’s exterior keep that in mind if you have a lot of front porch or lawn décor. You can always paint your front door a daring shade of red and add some muskoka chairs in the same colour and you will make people pleasantly look twice at the front of your house!
- The landscaping of your home plays a purpose as well if you are really getting creative. Do you have wonderful white daisy’s on your lawn garden? Paint your banister the same brilliant white colour and you’ll emphasize focus for a tidy and complimenting exterior paint job, you’ll also draw focus in on your landscaped lawn that you spend hours maintaining to perfection!
- If you have red muskoka chairs, as the idea above, you can always find red mulch and fill your garden with it while planting flowerbeds.
Helpful Tips While you want to Pick your Exterior Paint Colour:
- Another suggestion on how to pick an exterior paint colour is to add personalization to your choice. You might have a particular object in your house that you are rather fond of. Perhaps you have a favourite vase and its a lovely shade of turquoise. You can absolutely use this item that brings you good memories and incorporate it into the colour you choose to paint your home’s exterior. No colour is really wrong, as long as you like it.
- Using colour palette combinations will significantly make a difference when choosing to paint your home’s exterior. Paint the window trim and door frame the same colour for added visual appeal.
Contact Us For A Free Exterior Paint Colour Consultation!
These guidelines will assist you if you are unsure how to pick an exterior paint colour, and Carter Painting in Oakville, Hamilton, Mississauga and Burlington is there with you every step of the way. Turn your old house into a new piece of art and start enjoying the way your house looks not just from the inside, but from the outside too. Carter Painting is expecting your call today! Call us today for your FREE Exterior Paint Colour Consultation!