Questions to Ask Before Hiring Home Painters – In looking for someone to paint your house, you are entrusting someone to alter or replace pieces of the largest investment of your life. This is why you must ensure that the contractor company you hire is the right company for the job. These are the ten things to ask local home painters prior to hiring them to ensure their validity.
Questions Asking From Your Local Home Painters
- Years of Home Painting Experience. In this industry, anywhere in Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville or Mississauga, experience is the #1 mark of a good painter. While a lot of experience does not always mean that an individual is a good home painter, it is a good sign of it. Ask about how long the painting company has been in business, who the upper management is and look for a company with over 10 years of business with individual painters who have been with the company for a long time.
- Ask For A Local Business Address. Ensure that the company and the house painters are who they say they are. It is easy to host a mobile business without a brick-and-mortar location, but this is often an indicator that the contractor is functioning with low capital, or they are a false company. Companies without any sort of place of business may have gaps in training, experience and the quality of the painting materials they use may be much lower than standard.
- Portfolios from Previous Residential or Commercial Painting Projects. The best way to get a feel for any paint job is to see pictures of what it may look like. Ask the local home painters if they have before and after photos that detail the quality of the work and how the job will look completed. This may help you make a final decision when looking for the right color, type of paint or painter in general.
- A Clearance Certificate from Workers Safety Insurance Board (WSIB). This is a protection for yourself and your home insurance provider. If a painting company does not have this clearance certificate, you and your home insurance provider may be financially liable for any medical bills and workers compensation should a painter fall of your roof or injure him or herself in any way while painting your home interior or exterior.
- Liability Insurance for your Home Painter. If an accident occurs such as spilled paint or damaged property that affects your home, and the painters do not have liability insurance, then you may have to take the company to court to receive any compensation for the damages. By ensuring that the home painting contractor has liability insurance, the company’s insurance will automatically cover any damages that occur and expedite the process of fixing the wrong.
While Interviewing Local Painting Contractors, Don’t forget the Warranty!
- Ask for a written warranty – minimum of 1 year. This will protect you if the painters use faulty materials that deteriorate at a rapid rate from regular seasonal deterioration.
- Criminal Record Checks – Ask your local home painter about the process of hiring their painters. Many company should run background checks with the local government prior to any sort of interview, so be sure to inquire about the conduct of their employees. You will be entrusting your home, your personal items and your family members to the painters, so ensure that these people are trustworthy and honest individuals. Especially when it comes to interior home painters.
- References. Ask the painting company for references from clients who have dealt with the company in the past few years. While the business may refer you to valuable reviews, you can also check online contractors’ reviews to see the word going around on the particular painting or handyman company.
- Approximate Dates for Start and Completion. Many painting companies may have several jobs happening simultaneously. Make sure that the company can offer efficient service and complete the job in a time-sensitive manner. Painting, especially painting of the interior, can hinder the day to day activities of your life. Check in with your house painting contractors to get a feel for the time frame in which your project will be taking place.
- Quality of Materials. Ask about the quality of the materials that the painting crew use to ensure that your paint job will last for a long time to come. However, quality of the paints also includes the composition of the paint. Ask about Low VOC paints, and those that are classified as non-toxic. This will ensure that the paints used will have no ill effects in the short or long term. Also, asking questions about the products can help to confirm the painter’s validity and experience.
Carter Painting, Your Local Home Painter With Different Working Culture!
These guidelines will assist you if you are unsure how to hire a local home painter, and Carter Painting in Oakville, Hamilton, Mississauga and Burlington is there with you every step of the way. Turn your old house into a new piece of art and start enjoying the way your house looks not just from the inside, but from the outside too. Carter Painting is expecting your call today! Call us today for your FREE a Home Painting Cost Estimate with a One of the best local home painters!