How to Quickly and Effectively Evaluate Painters in Hamilton
Painters are extremely talented tradespeople that can really help make your home look its best. Finding the right painting contractor to hire through searching the internet can certainly be a challenge.
Are you looking to hire a professional painter in the Hamilton area? With so many painters online where do you start looking? How do you know which painting contractor to choose?
At Carter Painting, we want to help simplify the process. Beyond the typical years in business and whether they are licensed and insured, there are several other factors to consider before choosing any home service provider to come into your home for any kind of maintenance or improvement.
Here are 5 tips to take into account when evaluating Painters in Hamilton.
1. Is this an accredited business? Check to see if the painter or business is backed by an association such as the Better Business Bureau or the PDCA (Painting & Decorating Contractors of America). Businesses can’t just join these organizations, they have to apply in order to become accepted based on their business practices. These professional organizations protect consumers and create benchmarks and standards for painters to follow. For example, the BBB looks at any complaints filed against a business, how the company handles customer complaints, the reputation of the owner or principals, as well as the company’s website and how they market and advertise their business to ensure it is fair & truthful for consumers.
2. Customer Reviews & Testimonials. Does the company plenty of customer reviews and recommendations? Reviews can appear in social media sites, painting contractors websites, and home service rating & review sites like Home Stars or Google that provide consumers the opportunity to rate and comment on the service they have received. Look for consistency in the comments amongst different sites and feel free to ask for references whom you can call for first hand feedback as well. Past history is often the best indicator of future performance and a pro painter with many reviews shows that they take customer service seriously, and are committed to excellence.
3. Written Contract. You may think you are on the same page as your painting contractor but nothing clears up confusion like a clear written agreement. Work with a business that encourages the use of contracts so that all expectations are laid out and the cost of the work is explained in full; you don’t want to be surprised with any up-charges and a contract for a professional paint job can ensure that doesn’t happen. The more specific and detailed you can be with your painter as to the scope of work the better off both parties will be. This will help eliminate confusion and avoid disappointment by ensuring everything you wanted painted is included in your work order.
4. Guaranteed Work. Does the business guarantee their work? This is important because we all have varying degrees of standards of what constitutes a poor, good or great job. While we at Carter Painting will do everything in our power to ensure you are not only satisfied but completely happy with our work, if for some reason you aren’t, we offer a 100% money back guarantee on the paint for your project.
5. Policies and Procedures. There are many pro painters out there that do an excellent paint job, but what was the process like? Interior painting can be disruptive to your home life – furniture needs to be moved around, drop sheets cover the floor, and there are supplies, ladders and other equipment lying around. A truly professional painting company will make the process as clean, streamlined and easy on the homeowners as possible. We have detailed policies, procedures and manuals in place for all of our licensed team members to follow to ensure a quality, mess-free experience for our clients.
We hope you have found these tips helpful and we want to hear from you. If you are in the Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville or Mississauga area and are looking to hire a pro painter, request your free proposal online today. For more pressing jobs with tight time constraints you can always call into our office anytime at (905) 581-0999. Thank you for visiting us online and we look forward to serving you.